The Resource Fish in a tree
- Fish in a tree
- Statement of responsibility
- Lynda Mullaly Hunt
- trueNastiness in girls
- Children -- Conduct of life -- Juvenile fiction
- trueChildren of military personnel
- Dyslexic children -- Juvenile fiction
- trueGirls with dyslexia
- trueLoneliness in children
- truePersonal conduct
- Reading -- Juvenile fiction
- Schools -- Juvenile fiction
- trueSixth-grade girls
- Ally has been smart enough to fool a lot of smart people. Every time she lands in a new school, she is able to hide her inability to read by creating clever yet disruptive distractions. She is afraid to ask for help; after all, how can you cure dumb? However, her newest teacher Mr. Daniels sees the bright, creative kid underneath the trouble maker. With his help, Ally learns not to be so hard on herself and that dyslexia is nothing to be ashamed of. As her confidence grows, Ally feels free to be herself and the world starts opening up with possibilities. She discovers that there's a lot more to her--and to everyone--than a label, and that great minds don't always think alike
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2016
- Great Lakes Great Books Award (Michigan), Grades 4-5, 2017.
- Pennsylvania Young Reader's Choice Awards, Grades 6-8, 2017.
- Schneider Family Book Award for Middle School, 2016.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2015
- William Allen White Children's Book Award (Kansas) for Third-Fifth Grade, 2018.
- Awards note
- Schneider Family book award, 2016.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Target audience
- pre adolescent
ContextContext of Fish in a tree
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Fish in a tree
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/resource/f1lEY6eRmMU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/resource/f1lEY6eRmMU/">Fish in a tree</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="https://link.delawarelibrary.org/">Delaware County District Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>