The Resource Divergent
- Statement of responsibility
- Veronica Roth
- trueTeenage girls
- trueSocial classes
- trueSixteen-year-old girls
- trueScience fiction
- trueScience Fiction
- truePrior, Tris (Fictitious character)
- trueBooks for reluctant readers
- trueBooks to movies
- trueChicago, Illinois
- trueDystopian fiction
- trueFirst person narratives
- trueOptions, alternatives, choices
- trueIdentity (Psychology)
- Young Adult Fiction
- The #1 New York Times bestseller that started a worldwide phenomenon and inspired a major motion picture is now available in a beautifully designed Collector's Edition. This deluxe package features: 72 pages of bonus content, including: Two essays by Veronica Roth, including excerpts from early drafts of Divergent An essay about the psychology behind fear and the "exposure therapy" of Dauntless initiation Artistic renderings of the Choosing Ceremony Bowls An excerpt from the movie script Favorite quotes from Divergent, illustrated by fellow Initiates A map of the Dauntless compound Divergent discussion questions This edition makes a great gift for established fans who want to expand their Divergent library or who already own the Insurgent Collector's Edition; readers new to the series who want a fuller reading experience; and fans of the feature film. Taking place in a futuristic Chicago in which society is divided into five factions, Divergent is the gripping story of a dystopian world transformed by courage, self-sacrifice, and love. And don't miss The Fates Divide, Veronica Roth's powerful sequel to the bestselling Carve the Mark!
- Amelia Bloomer List, 2012
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award (Maryland), High School, 2013.
- California Young Reader Medal, Young Adult, 2014.
- Colorado Blue Spruce YA Book Award, 2014.
- Eliot Rosewater Indiana High School Book Award (Rosie Award), 2014.
- Garden State Teen Book Award (New Jersey), Fiction (Grades 9-12), 2014.
- Gateway Readers Award (Missouri), 2014.
- Georgia Peach Book Award for Teen Readers, 2013.
- Goodreads Choice Award, 2011.
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Teen Book Category, 2014.
- Great Lakes Great Books Award (Michigan), Grades 9-12, 2013.
- Iowa High School Book Award, 2014.
- Isinglass Teen Read Award (New Hampshire), 2012-2013.
- Kentucky Bluegrass Award for Grades 9-12, 2013.
- Land of Enchantment Book Award (New Mexico), Young Adult category, 2014.
- Nutmeg Children's Book Award, Teen category, 2014.
- Rhode Island Teen Book Award, 2013.
- Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Award, 2011.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2011.
- Sequoyah Book Awards (Oklahoma), High School Books, 2014.
- Soaring Eagle Book Award (Wyoming), 2013.
- South Carolina Book Award, Young Adult Books, 2014.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2012
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2015.
- YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers, 2012
- Young Reader's Choice Award (Pacific Northwest), Senior, 2014.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Divergent trilogy
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of Divergent
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Divergent
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/resource/y8FnFtY9cRc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/resource/y8FnFtY9cRc/">Divergent</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/">Delaware County District Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>