The Resource The water dancer : a novel
- The water dancer : a novel
- Title remainder
- a novel
- Statement of responsibility
- Ta-Nehisi Coates
- trueSuperhuman abilities
- trueAfrican Americans -- Social conditions -- 19th century
- trueEnslaved boys
- trueEnslaved families
- trueEnslaved people -- Social conditions
- Fantasy fiction
- trueFreedom seekers
- Historical fiction
- trueLoss (Psychology)
- trueNorthern States
- truePhiladelphia, Pennsylvania
- truePhotographic memory
- truePlantation owners
- truePlantations -- Virginia
- trueSouthern States -- Race relations | History -- 19th century
- Slavery -- Southern States -- History -- Fiction
- trueVirginia -- History
- trueUnited States -- History -- 19th century
- trueUnderground Railroad
- Young Hiram Walker was born into bondage. When his mother was sold away, Hiram was robbed of alll memory of her -- but was gifted with a mysterious power. Years later, when Hiram almost drowns in a river, that same power saves his life. This brush with death births an urgency in Hiram and a daring scheme to escape from the only home he's ever known. So begins an unexpected journey that takes Hiram from the corrupt grandeur of Virginia's proud plantations to desperate guerrilla cells in the wilderness, from the coffin of the deep South to dangerously idealistic movements in the North. Even as he's enlisted in the underground war between slavers and the enslaved, Hiram's resolve to rescue the family he left behind endures
- ALA Notable Book, 2020.
- BCALA Literary Award for First Novelist, 2020.
- Booklist Editors' Choice, 2019.
- Library Journal Best Books, 2019.
- LibraryReads Favorites, 2019.
- Loan Stars Favourites, 2019.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- W38 2019
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of The water dancer : a novel
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The water dancer : a novel
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/resource/oc8y5iX8P7Q/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/resource/oc8y5iX8P7Q/">The water dancer : a novel</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/">Delaware County District Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>