The Resource Between the world and me
- Between the world and me
- Statement of responsibility
- Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Title variation
- Between the world & me
- Whites -- United States -- Attitudes
- Race discrimination -- United States
- trueSociety and culture -- Race
- trueRace (Social sciences)
- trueAfrican Americans -- Social conditions
- trueRace relations
- trueUnited States -- Race relations
- trueAfrican Americans -- Identity
- African Americans -- United States -- Public opinion
- trueBlack Lives Matter movement
- trueAdult books for young adults
- Large type books
- trueAfrican Americans -- Public opinion
- trueLife stories -- Identity | Race and ethnicity
- African Americans -- United States -- Social conditions
- trueAfrican American men
- trueAutobiographies and memoirs
- For Ta-Nehisi Coates, history has always been personal. At every stage of his life, he's sought in his explorations of history answers to the mysteries that surrounded him--most urgently, why he, and other black people he knew, seemed to live in fear. In this book, Coates takes readers along on his journey through America's history of race and its contemporary resonances through a series of awakenings--moments when he discovered some new truth about our long, tangled history of race, whether through his myth-busting professors at Howard University, a trip to a Civil War battlefield with a rogue historian, a journey to Chicago's South Side to visit aging survivors of 20th century America's 'long war on black people,' or a visit with the mother of a beloved friend who was shot down by the police
- ALA Notable Book, 2016.
- Alex Award, 2016.
- Booklist Editors' Choice, 2015
- Booklist Editors' Choice: Adult Books for Young Adults, 2015
- Indies' Choice Book Awards, Adult Nonfiction, 2016.
- Kirkus Prize for Nonfiction, 2015.
- Library Journal Best Books 2015
- National Book Award for Nonfiction, 2015.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2015
- School Library Journal Best Books: Best Adult Books 4 Teens, 2015.
- Street Lit Book Award Medal: Adult Non-Fiction, 2016.
- Biography type
- contains biographical information
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Target audience
ContextContext of Between the world and me
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Between the world and me
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/resource/gP2rTXW2xu0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/resource/gP2rTXW2xu0/">Between the world and me</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/">Delaware County District Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>