The Resource The Secret River
- The Secret River
- Statement of responsibility
- Kate Grenville
- trueLiterary fiction
- trueHistorical fiction
- trueAustralia -- History -- 19th century
- trueIndigenous peoples' rights
- trueIndigenous peoples -- Relations with missionaries, traders, etc
- trueAustralian fiction
- trueColonial Australia (1788-1901) -- 1788 -- 1901
- trueNew South Wales -- History -- 19th century
- trueAdult books for young adults
- trueExiles -- Great Britain
- trueLand tenure
- truePenal colonies -- Australia
- trueIndigenous peoples -- Land rights
- trueColonized peoples
- trueSquatter settlements
- In 1806 William Thornhill, an illiterate English bargeman and a man of quick temper but deep compassion, steals a load of wood and, as a part of his lenient sentence, is deported, along with his beloved wife, Sal, to the New South Wales colony in what would become Australia. The Secret River is the tale of William and Sal’s deep love for their small, exotic corner of the new world, and William’s gradual realization that if he wants to make a home for his family, he must forcibly take the land from the people who came before him. Acclaimed around the world, The Secret River is a magnificent, transporting work of historical fiction
- ALA Notable Book, 2007.
- Australian Book Industry Awards, Book of the Year, 2006.
- Australian Book Industry Awards, Literary Fiction Book of the Year, 2006.
- Commonwealth Writers' Prize for Best Book, 2006.
- Commonwealth Writers' Prize, South East Asia and South Pacific: Best Book, 2006.
- Nielsen BookData Australian Booksellers’ Choice Award, 2006.
- NSW Premier's Literary Awards, Christina Stead Prize for Fiction, 2006.
- School Library Journal Best Books: Best Adult Books 4 Teens, 2006.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of The Secret River
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The Secret River
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/resource/_IZmJoSrxhc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/resource/_IZmJoSrxhc/">The Secret River</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/">Delaware County District Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>