The Resource Amelia Westlake Was Never Here
- Amelia Westlake Was Never Here
- Statement of responsibility
- Erin Gough
- trueLGBTQIA fiction
- trueRealistic fiction
- truePrivate schools
- trueAustralian fiction
- trueLesbian teenagers
- trueSocial action
- trueSexual harassment
- Young Adult Literature
- Young Adult Fiction
- trueMultiple perspectives
- trueEntitlement attitudes
- trueTeenage girl/girl relations
- A fiercely funny, queer romantic comedy about two girls who can't stand each other, but join forces in a grand feminist hoax to expose harassment and inequality at their elite private school. Harriet Price is the perfect student: smart, dutiful, over-achieving. Will Everhart is a troublemaker who's never met an injustice she didn't fight. When their swim coach's inappropriate behavior is swept under the rug, the unlikely duo reluctantly team up to expose his misdeeds, pulling provocative pranks and creating the instantly legendary Amelia Westlake—an imaginary student who helps right the many wrongs of their privileged institution. But as tensions burn throughout their school—who is Amelia Westlake?—and between Harriet and Will, how long can they keep their secret? How far will they go to make a difference? And when will they realize they're falling for each other? Award-winning author Erin Gough's Amelia Westlake Was Never Here is a funny, smart, and all-too-timely story of girls fighting back against power and privilege—and finding love while they're at it
- Children's Book Council of Australia: Notable Australian Children's Book, 2019.
- Librarians' Choice (Australia), 2018.
- NSW Premier's Literary Awards, Ethel Turner Prize for Young People's Literature, 2019.
- Readings Young Adult Book Prize, 2018.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Amelia Westlake Was Never Here
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Amelia Westlake Was Never Here
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/resource/YDgE1dJq6yA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/resource/YDgE1dJq6yA/">Amelia Westlake Was Never Here</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/">Delaware County District Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>