The Resource Hatchet
- Statement of responsibility
- Paulsen, Gary
- Title variation
- Cry in the wild
- Divorce -- Juvenile fiction
- trueChildren of divorced parents
- trueElectronic books
- trueSurvival stories
- trueAirplane accidents -- Canada
- trueSurvival (after airplane accidents, shipwrecks, etc.) -- Canada
- Survival -- Juvenile fiction
- trueAdventure stories
- trueWilderness survival -- Canada
- trueThirteen-year-old boys
- trueBooks to movies
- This award-winning contemporary classic is the survival story with which all others are compared?and a page-turning, heart-stopping adventure. Thirteen-year-old Brian Robeson is on his way to visit his father when the single-engine plane in which he is flying crashes. Suddenly, Brian finds himself alone in the Canadian wilderness with nothing but a tattered Windbreaker and the hatchet his mother gave him as a present?and the dreadful secret that has been tearing him apart since his parent?s divorce. But now Brian has no time for anger, self pity, or despair?it will take all his know-how and determination, and more courage than he knew he possessed, to survive
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 1988
- Buckeye Children's Book Award (Ohio), Grades 6-8, 1991.
- Flicker Tale Children's Book Award (North Dakota) for Juvenile Fiction, 1990.
- Georgia Children's Book Award, 1991.
- Indian Paintbrush Book Award (Wyoming), 1990.
- Iowa Teen Award, 1990.
- Massachusetts Children's Book Award, 1995.
- Maud Hart Lovelace Book Award (Minnesota), 1991.
- Minnesota Book Award for Young Adult Books, 1988.
- Sequoyah Book Awards (Oklahoma), Young Adult Books, 1990.
- Soaring Eagle Book Award (Wyoming), 1997.
- Surrey Book of the Year Award (British Columbia), 1990.
- Virginia Readers' Choice Award for Middle School, 1990.
- William Allen White Children's Book Award (Kansas), 1990.
- Young Hoosier Book Award, Middle Books, 1991.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Brian's saga
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of Hatchet
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Hatchet
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/resource/WTQHrK5epjI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/resource/WTQHrK5epjI/">Hatchet</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/">Delaware County District Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>