The Resource All over but the shoutin'
- All over but the shoutin'
- Statement of responsibility
- Rick Bragg
- Title variation
- All over but the shouting
- All over but the shoutin
- truePoor families
- trueBragg, Rick -- Childhood and youth
- trueJournalists -- United States -- Biography
- trueFamily relationships
- trueSouthern States
- trueArts and Entertainment -- Writing and Publishing
- trueAlabama -- Rural conditions -- 20th century
- trueAlabama -- Biography
- trueJournalists -- Biography
- trueGrowing up
- trueAlcoholic fathers
- trueAdult books for young adults
- trueBragg, Rick
- trueFamily and Relationships -- Growing Up
- trueAlabama -- Rural conditions
- trueMothers and sons
- trueLife stories -- Relationships | Growing up
- trueAutobiographies and memoirs
- Working class whites -- Alabama -- Biography
- Rick Bragg grew up dirt-poor in northeastern Alabama, seemingly destined for either the cotton mills or the penitentiary, and instead became a Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter for the New York Times. Bragg's father is a hard-drinking man with a murderous temper and the habit of running out on the people who needed him most. But at the center of this memoir--and the family--is Bragg's mother, who went eighteen years without a new dress so that her sons would have school clothes and picked other people's cotton so that her children wouldn't have to live on welfare alone
- ALA Notable Book, 1998.
- Alex Award, 1998.
- Booklist Editors' Choice: Adult Books for Young Adults, 1997.
- New York Times Notable Book, 1997
- Biography type
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Intended audience source
- Interest level
- High School
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Reading level
- Study program name
- Accelerated Reader AR
- Reading Counts RC
- Target audience
ContextContext of All over but the shoutin'
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work All over but the shoutin'
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/resource/VEloeaw0XU4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/resource/VEloeaw0XU4/">All over but the shoutin'</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/">Delaware County District Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>