The Resource Ask the Passengers
- Ask the Passengers
- Statement of responsibility
- A.S. King
- trueLGBTQIA fiction
- trueRealistic fiction
- trueSmall towns -- Pennsylvania
- trueMagical realism
- trueGossiping and gossips
- Juvenile Literature
- trueFamily problems
- trueQuestioning (Sexual or gender identity)
- Juvenile Fiction
- trueTeenage girls
- trueTeenage girl/girl relations
- Astrid Jones desperately wants to confide in someone, but her mother's pushiness and her father's lack of interest tell her they're the last people she can trust. Instead, Astrid spends hours lying on the backyard picnic table watching airplanes fly overhead. She doesn't know the passengers inside, but they're the only people who won't judge her when she asks them her most personal questions . . . like what it means that she's falling in love with a girl. As her secret relationship becomes more intense and her friends demand answers, Astrid has nowhere left to turn. She can't share the truth with anyone except the people at thirty thousand feet, and they don't even know she's there. But little does Astrid know just how much even the tiniest connection will affect these strangers' lives—and her own—for the better. In this truly original portrayal of a girl struggling to break free of society's definitions, Printz Honor author A.S. King asks readers to question everything —and offers hope to those who will never stop seeking real love
- Carolyn W. Field Award (Pennsylvania), 2013.
- James Cook Book Award (Ohio), 2013
- Los Angeles Times Book Prize for Young Adult Literature, 2012.
- Rainbow List, 2013.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2012.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2013.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Ask the Passengers
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Ask the Passengers
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/resource/OBJjtmCqUc4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/resource/OBJjtmCqUc4/">Ask the Passengers</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/">Delaware County District Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>