The Resource The glass castle : a memoir
- The glass castle : a memoir
- Title remainder
- a memoir
- Statement of responsibility
- Jeannette Walls
- trueChildren of alcoholics -- United States -- Biography
- trueWalls, Jeannette -- Childhood and youth
- trueWelch, West Virginia -- Biography
- trueFamily relationships
- trueElectronic books
- Homeless persons -- Family relationships -- New York (State) | New York
- trueEccentrics and eccentricities
- trueChild neglect victims -- Biography
- Poor -- West Virginia | Welch -- Biography
- trueHomeless persons -- New York City
- trueGrowing up
- trueChildren of alcoholics -- Biography
- trueAdult books for young adults
- Walls, Jeannette
- trueFamily and Relationships -- Growing Up
- trueDysfunctional families -- United States -- Case studies
- truePoor people -- West Virginia -- Biography
- trueLife stories -- Relationships | Growing up
- trueAutobiographies and memoirs
- trueBooks to movies
- This story is a remarkable memoir of resilience and redemption, and a penetrating look into a family at once deeply dysfunctional and uniquely vibrant. When sober, Jeannette's brilliant father captured his children's imagination, teaching them physics, geology, and how to embrace life fearlessly. But when he drank, he was dishonest and destructive. Her mother was a free spirit who hated anything to do with domesticity. The Walls children learned to take care of themselves. They fed, clothed, and protected one another, and eventually found their way to New York. Their parents followed them, choosing to be homeless even as their children prospered
- ALA Notable Book, 2006.
- Alex Award, 2006.
- Booklist Editors' Choice: Adult Books for Young Adults, 2005.
- Garden State Teen Book Award (New Jersey), Nonfiction, 2008.
- Virginia Readers' Choice Award for High School, 2009.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2005
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2008
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2015.
- YALSA Outstanding Book for the College Bound, 2009.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of The glass castle : a memoir
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The glass castle : a memoir
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/resource/KDHRHBJDnEo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/resource/KDHRHBJDnEo/">The glass castle : a memoir</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/">Delaware County District Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>