The Resource Brown girl dreaming
- Brown girl dreaming
- Statement of responsibility
- Jacqueline Woodson
- trueAfrican American women
- African American women authors -- Biography | Poetry
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Biography | Poetry
- trueAutobiographies and memoirs
- trueBiographies -- Arts | Writing | Authors and illustrators
- trueBiographies -- Identity | Africans and African Americans
- trueCivil Rights Movement
- trueCoretta Scott King Award
- trueElectronic books
- trueGrowing up -- South Carolina -- Personal narratives
- trueSouth Carolina -- History -- 20th century
- trueNarrative nonfiction for kids and teens
- Woodson, Jacqueline -- Poetry
- trueWoodson, Jacqueline
- trueWomen authors, American
- trueAfrican American children -- Biography
- Raised in South Carolina and New York, Woodson always felt halfway home in each place. In vivid poems, she shares what it was like to grow up as an African American in the 1960s and 1970s, living with the remnants of Jim Crow and her growing awareness of the Civil Rights movement. Touching and powerful, each poem is both accessible and emotionally charged, each line a glimpse into a child's soul as she searches for her place in the world. Woodson's eloquent poetry also reflects the joy of finding her voice through writing stories, despite the fact that she struggled with reading as a child. Her love of stories inspired her and stayed with her, creating the first sparks of the gifted writer she was to become
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2015
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2014
- Claudia Lewis Award, 2015.
- Coretta Scott King Award, Author Category, 2015.
- E.B. White Read-Aloud Awards, Middle Reader (formerly Indies' Choice Book Awards, Middle Reader), 2015.
- Land of Enchantment Book Award (New Mexico): Lizards (Grades 6-8), 2017.
- National Book Award for Young People's Literature, 2014.
- Notable Books for a Global Society, 2015.
- School Library Journal Best Books: Nonfiction, 2014
- Street Lit Book Award Medal: Young Adult, 2016.
- Awards note
- Coretta Scott King Author Award, 2015.
- Newbery Honor, 2015.
- Ohioana Book Award, Middle Grade and Young Adult, 2015.
- Biography type
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Brown girl dreaming
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Brown girl dreaming
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/resource/IZVBvYhloJU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/resource/IZVBvYhloJU/">Brown girl dreaming</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/">Delaware County District Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>