The Resource Who was Betsy Ross?
- Who was Betsy Ross?
- Statement of responsibility
- James Buckley ; illustrated by John O'Brien
- Title variation
- Who was Betsy Ross?
- 1700 - 1799
- American Revolution (1775-1783)
- Biography & Autobiography
- trueElectronic books
- trueRoss, Betsy, 1752-1836
- trueFlags -- United States -- History
- Flags -- United States -- History -- 18th century -- Juvenile literature
- trueBiographies -- Politics | Activists and reformers
- Ross, Betsy, 1752-1836
- Revolutionaries -- United States -- Biography | Juvenile literature
- trueWomen -- Biography
- United States
- trueHistory books -- Wars -- Revolutionary War (United States)
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Flags -- Juvenile literature
- Juvenile works
- Ross, Betsy, 1752-1836 -- Juvenile literature
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- trueAmerican Revolution, 1775-1783
- trueUnited States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783
- Born the eighth of seventeen children in Philadelphia, Betsy Ross lived in a time when the American colonies were yearning for independence from British rule. Ross worked as a seamstress and was eager to contribute to the cause, making tents and repairing uniforms when the colonies declared war. By 1779 she was filling cartridges for the Continental Army. Did she sew the first flag' That's up for debate, but Who Was Betsy Ross' tells the story of a fierce patriot who certainly helped create the flag of a new nation
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Who was-- ?
- Target audience
ContextContext of Who was Betsy Ross?
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Who was Betsy Ross?
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/resource/GFq-psJxO8k/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/resource/GFq-psJxO8k/">Who was Betsy Ross?</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.delawarelibrary.org/">Delaware County District Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>